Need some pointers re apache caching

vince789

Hello Corbin,

I have an apache web server and a tomcat application server.  I do not see any caching directory specified and neither are any caching related modules in apache2 but html / javascript files are being cached.  my though is to create .htaccess files and specify expiry periods.  I am not clear as to where the .htaccess lives - because my application is in tomcat.  If it is placed in apache2 would it be in /apache2/conf?  Would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Vince

Are you sure its not just the web client doing the caching? By default apache shouldn't cache anything.

I suggest you use a number of different browsers (opera, chrome, firefox, ie) and delete any temporary internet files often.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.