*people who design/develop on macs*

dadamssg87

haha yeah i don't want to do that. The creator of jQuery was doing an AMA on reddit the other day and he said he used VMWare. Was wondering if anybody on here used something like that.

I'm developing locally on MAMP. I was hoping i didn't have to push everything to my host, then dust off and hook up my pc desktop to look at it through IE.

haha yeah i don't want to do that. The creator of jQuery was doing an AMA on reddit the other day and he said he used VMWare. Was wondering if anybody on here used something like that.

I'm developing locally on MAMP. I was hoping i didn't have to push everything to my host, then dust off and hook up my pc desktop to look at it through IE.

i've never reallly used it but you can enter your URL here and choose the browsers you wish to check it in. it can take a while depending on how many browser shots you need and still yuo need to upload to the net

http://browsershots.org/

You can run Parallels or VMware or Sun virtualbox which is free. You still need a licensed copy of windows to install, but it's a good solution, and you can actually test against various different versions of windows and different IE versions by creating multiple virtual machine images.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.