Repeated - Simple HTML and CSS questions.

Maknib

Hi guys,

i am trying to build a website with quick simple explinations on how to do things using CSS and HTML.

things like.. horizontal menu, centering a div, basic things for beginners showing and explaining the HTML and CSS code for it.

i was wondering if there are any repeated questions you get on these forums that you go .. geez i wish i had a like for this!

this way i can get a list of ideas of things to explain for my site.

Cheers

well i suggest you read the sticky (at the css board), most repeated questions  (6 or so) are mentioned there: peeps that forget a doctype using tables for no good reason etc etc.  Centering pages, sticky footer, @font-face, css3 stuff, quite some stuff that is not mentioned so that could be nice.

But I have to mention some active member here named Crmamx just made a complete beginners guide on css. So if you have too much time left i say go for it and make another. If you think that's not very useful, see what he did and maybe you can add what you think could be nice.

well i suggest you read the sticky (at the css board), most repeated questions  (6 or so) are mentioned there: peeps that forget a doctype using tables for no good reason etc etc.  Centering pages, sticky footer, @font-face, css3 stuff, quite some stuff that is not mentioned so that could be nice.

But I have to mention some active member here named Crmamx just made a complete beginners guide on css. So if you have too much time left i say go for it and make another. If you think that's not very useful, see what he did and maybe you can add what you think could be nice.

Hey Cheers, i saw the stickie there, was going to go through them all but thought i'd just see if anything not mentioned was here.

will have to check out this guide, i'm currently going through Uni and i remember when i first started learning html and css i thought... gee i wish there was a site that showed specific examples all in one site.

i want to eventually get up to bigger things like, a contact form using css and jquery that pops up and fades out the website... eventually.. but as i'm at uni i got assignments and i work full time so time is an issue.. maybe there's a php script to slowdown time for me somewhere :P

nice, good luck on your time management, I already bought a time machine.

Anyway i like the fact your willing to share your knowledge i bet there are quite some people that will find it useful.

nice, good luck on your time management, I already bought a time machine.

Anyway i like the fact your willing to share your knowledge i bet there are quite some people that will find it useful.

i like teaching html and css.

until i learn more php and Jquery and feel confident with it i won't share because i don't want to give away wrong information.

i must say css3 @font-face is Awesome. i was so happy when i saw that.

and rounded corners... then i thought awww people with IE can't see my nice rounded corners.. then i thought.. meh they chose to use ie :P

well in the end not the coder but the client is the one decides what there audience is.  :P If they say IE 5,6,7,8 you should have the old school rounded corners ready for use. :) And if you do it right adjusting for IE isn't as troublesome as some think.

well in the end not the coder but the client is the one decides what there audience is.  :P If they say IE 5,6,7,8 you should have the old school rounded corners ready for use. :) And if you do it right adjusting for IE isn't as troublesome as some think.

yeah i know :( silly clients and their Ie's hehe

but yeah i have some corners made in Adobe fireworks ( i choose fireworks over photoshop, maily beause i know how to use it and i dont have monies for PS)

luckily i havn't needed to use them yet.

inkscape (vector design) and Gimp (photo editor) are able to anything you like to do if you know how, besides that rounded corners are no photo's so no need to use a photo editor :)

both are free!

inkscape (vector design) and Gimp (photo editor) are able to anything you like to do if you know how, besides that rounded corners are no photo's so no need to use a photo editor :)

both are free!

yeah i have the gimp somewhere aswell never used it though.

see the site i was thinking of setting up was this one

was playing around trying to setup the syntax highlighter was so happy when it worked

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.