Apache not loading the dll's

Greetings!

OK this is to be my dev server (Apache2.2 (lastest) and php5 (;astest) and yes the server does work other then this)!  In my php.ini file I have:

; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
; http://php.net/extension-dir
; extension_dir = "./"
; On windows:
  extension_dir = "c:\PHP\ext\"

I all have a system path set up in Windows to C:\PHP

down a bit in the php.ini file I have:

Windows Extensions
; Note that ODBC support is built in, so no dll is needed for it.
; Note that many DLL files are located in the extensions/ (PHP 4) ext/ (PHP 5)
; extension folders as well as the separate PECL DLL download (PHP 5).
; Be sure to appropriately set the extension_dir directive.
;
extension=php_bz2.dll
extension=php_curl.dll
extension=php_fileinfo.dll
extension=php_gd2.dll
extension=php_gettext.dll
;extension=php_gmp.dll
;extension=php_intl.dll
extension=php_imap.dll
;extension=php_interbase.dll
;extension=php_ldap.dll
extension=php_mbstring.dll
extension=php_exif.dll      ; Must be after mbstring as it depends on it
extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll
;extension=php_oci8.dll      ; Use with Oracle 10gR2 Instant Client
;extension=php_oci8_11g.dll  ; Use with Oracle 11g Instant Client
extension=php_openssl.dll
;extension=php_pdo_firebird.dll
;extension=php_pdo_mssql.dll
;extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll
;extension=php_pdo_oci.dll
;extension=php_pdo_odbc.dll
;extension=php_pdo_pgsql.dll
;extension=php_pdo_sqlite.dll
;extension=php_pgsql.dll
;extension=php_phar.dll
;extension=php_pspell.dll
;extension=php_shmop.dll

; The MIBS data available in the PHP distribution must be installed. 
; See http://www.php.net/manual/en/snmp.installation.php 
;extension=php_snmp.dll

extension=php_soap.dll
extension=php_sockets.dll
;extension=php_sqlite.dll
;extension=php_sqlite3.dll
;extension=php_sybase_ct.dll
extension=php_tidy.dll
;extension=php_xmlrpc.dll
;extension=php_xsl.dll
extension=php_zip.dll

Granted I probably don't need some of these but hey!

Now my apache error log says this:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\\PHP\\ext\\php_fileinfo.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\\PHP\\ext\\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\\PHP\\ext\\php_mysqli.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

[sun May 15 01:26:49 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.18 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.18 OpenSSL/0.9.8r PHP/5.2.17 configured -- resuming normal operations

[sun May 15 01:26:49 2011] [notice] Server built: May 11 2011 15:46:54

[sun May 15 01:26:49 2011] [notice] Parent: Created child process 4420

httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 192.168.1.101 for ServerName

httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 192.168.1.101 for ServerName

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\\PHP\\ext\\php_fileinfo.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

<br />

<b>Warning</b>:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\PHP\ext\php_fileinfo.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\\PHP\\ext\\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

<br />

<b>Warning</b>:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\PHP\ext\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\\PHP\\ext\\php_mysqli.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

<br />

<b>Warning</b>:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\PHP\ext\php_mysqli.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

FYI my php.ini file resides in the root of the apache installation.  I'm confused!

I all have a system path set up in Windows to C:\PHP

In order for the new system path to take affect you need to restart your computer.

Not to be a smarty guy!  I already did that before I posted.  But thanks for the input.

The extensions php_mysql.dll and php_mysqli.dll require an external library called libmysql.dll in order to load properly. This file should be in C:/PHP can you confirm that file is present? If that file does not exist then I guess you used the PHP installer

If you did use the installer go to php.net and download the zipped binaries version of PHP 5.2.17 and extract the contents of this zip to C:/PHP overwriting any existing files. The installer never installs all the required files for extensions to load properly. The zip file contains all required external libraries for most of the extensions.

After unzipping restart the Apache service.

The extensions php_mysql.dll and php_mysqli.dll require an external library called libmysql.dll in order to load properly. This file should be in C:/PHP can you confirm that file is present? If that file does not exist then I guess you used the PHP installer

Here the files are.  No I did not use the installer.

C:\PHP>dir lib*

Volume in drive C is 1TB

Volume Serial Number is 5C6D-FB2A

Directory of C:\PHP

05/14/2011  10:53 AM        1,073,152 libeay32.dll

05/14/2011  10:53 AM          166,912 libmcrypt.dll

05/14/2011  10:53 AM          165,643 libmhash.dll

05/14/2011  10:53 AM        2,076,672 libmysql.dll

05/14/2011  10:53 AM          464,172 libpq.dll

5 File(s)      3,946,551 bytes

0 Dir(s)  578,819,108,864 bytes free

I've done this before on a linux box and never had problems like this! Very strange!  Once again .. strange requires windows!

Ok .. this is odd!

I have solved my problem while back tracking for the third time.  My php installation is in C:\PHP I had C:\php in the windows environment variables path.  I changed it to uppercase and rebooted and voi'la it works!  Weird!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.