Revised vacation rental site - really need critiques/advice/suggestions

sychan

The design is solid. 

Usability could use some upgraded functionality.  I would like to see more information about the rentals on their specific listing.  For example, it would be helpful if there were reviews and a map of the location or general location

Complaints: 

-Your reviews are really testimonials, but the menu lists it as reviews which is misleading.  With that said, you're missing a marketing opportunity by not have a testimonial or 2 on the homepage in a block.

-It would be a more functional site if you had actual reviews attached to the individual listings when people are commenting on the listings.  Having that user feedback loop is important.

-You basically have no sortation or filtering capability.

-The request availability is a huge barrier to entry. In today's world I really think you need to figure out how to have something more immediate, or at very least a calender of availability.  The more information you request the less likely you will have someone actually fill out a form.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Will change the menu listing per your suggestion and try to find a place on index page to add a testimonial or two.

Also, will check with my developer to see about adding a search function.

I'd love to add an instant 'request availability' feature but some/most property owners don't want that so unfortunately cannot offer at this time.

Also, have been advised the logo looks like prison bars so will be changing that ASAP, and told the color scheme of site isn't too welcoming/cozy - any advice on color scheme welcome!

TIA

My opinion is that color schemes are fairly subjective.  I don't have a problem with the current scheme.  So long as the colors fit within color theory, and are used consistently, there's no major concern there.  I did notice the logo.  The bars bothered me less than the fact that it's non-descript.  With that said, I bet if you put a little roof on it, it actually looks a lot better, but I think you'd be better overall with something that better represents London like a Big Ben logo or London bridge or something else that would speak to American perception of London.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.