Padding issue

monkeytooth

http://www.codedatabase.net if you go there you will see what I am tryin to do. Which you will also see working however. It fails and not even remotely gracefully in older versions of IE. With that said is there some hack I can apply to the CSS or maybe throw something other css file out if an older IE is found that can resolve this problem I am having with older IE.

#footer{
position:fixed;
z-index:950;
margin:0 0 1px 0;
padding:0;
bottom:0;
width:100%;
height:35px;
background-color:#333;
}
#footerWrap{margin:0 auto;padding:0;width:950px;height:128px;}
#footerLeft{margin:0;padding:0;width:475px;height:128px;float:left;}
#footerRight{margin:0;padding:0;width:475px;height:128px;float:left;}
#footerLogo{margin-top:-90px;padding:0;width:128px;height:128px;background-image:url(img/site/logo.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;}

Could you be more precise on what is not working and how you want it to look. Just saying go there and you see what i am doing tell us nothing useful. Also be more precise on what version of a browser do you mean it's not working in.

For now i checked in ie7 , 8 and 9 and it all looks the same. so i don't see a problem

if you want to target something lower than that you could use conditional comments to target for instance ie6 and lower.

The issue isn't newer browsers.. Its IE specific, which version I am not sure. I know however I have IE 9, I hit the compatibility button on it and it fails misserably I am just not sure which version of IE renders when you hit the button and even then once I find out, Im not sure I will know the proper way to handle that particular browser..

Could you be more precise on what is not working and how you want it to look. Just saying go there and you see what i am doing tell us nothing useful. Also be more precise on what version of a browser do you mean it's not working in.

For now i checked in ie7 , 8 and 9 and it all looks the same. so i don't see a problem

if you want to target something lower than that you could use conditional comments to target for instance ie6 and lower.

for the sake of repetition

"it fails miserably" isn't precise!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.