PHP pages resolving extremely slow!

About a week ago, all my PHP sites began to resolve extremely slow. It takes up to 10 minutes, to load a simple page!

Plain HTML pages seems to run fine...

It is a Win 2K3 server, IIS 6.0 and PHP 5.

I read somewhere that it might would help to turn on output_buffering. But in my php.ini file output_buffering is set to 4096 - so it is turned on.

I tried to set it to 16192, but the problem persists.

It helps to restart the IIS Admin Service - but only for a few minutes.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

I don't have an answer to your actual problem, but don't try to 'fix' it by turning on php settings.

You have some fundamental problem on your server (hardware (memory, disk), operating system, IIS, php, mysql...) and nothing you do with php settings is going to correct a problem that suddenly appeared. You need to find the root cause of the problem.

You need to be examining your server event logs, the iis logs, the performance monitor, the task monitor, disk health information, mysql logs, looking for huge data/log files, virus (both in the operating system and php script files), ... to find the cause of the problem.

I didn't make any changes at all on the server when the problems started.

I can't find anything in the event log indicating an error.

Taks monitor looks fine, lots of free resources.

It is a MSSQL database, running several other sites without problems.

Maybe it is hardware related? What will you recommend, chkdsk maybe? And some RAM testing software?

It is a MSSQL database, running several other sites without problems.

^^^ LOL, any other relevant information you would like to share?

Perhaps if you told us exactly what setup you have - how many server boxes, what works/doesn't work on each box, where the one web site is that doesn't work, if there are other php based web sites on that same box that do work correctly... You know, information that you know about the situation that narrows down the problem so that we don't waste a bunch of time guessing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.