Need help choosing a PHP Framework/CMS

neuflex

Hello All,

I am designing a website for a friend that we wants to update himself. I have designed the website and he is happy with the general layout. I was just wondering if there is a framework/CMS I can integrate so he can login and change the website himself. 

I have experience with PHP (Including OO) and MYSQL. I was going to write one myself tho this would be a good learning project it would probably be easier and more secure if I used one that is already tested etc etc.

Would Drupel be something worth looking into? Could I use this for the backend or would this be a overkill?

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Smiles :) 

Depends what the site is going to be used for. If it is going to be a fully fledged e commerce site then drupal would be a good bet. If it is just a simple blog style site then have a look at using something like wordpress.

Its all down to personal preference, and if you want to build it yourself or not. Even though these packages are proven and tested it never hurts to have a go yourself. This helps to give you a better understanding of the principles involved, i.e design patterns etc.

Great :-) Thanks for your reply. Yeah it just a simple website.

It does sound fun designing one myself (Just hope I have the time to commit to it :-)). I reckon it be good to build one with Flash.  I'll have a look into wordpress tho..

I have already built the front end in PHP. So I just need something so he can modify the tables with add/modify/delete. Is this possible with wordpress?

So with wordpress would I have to look into theme building?

Thanks Agian :-) Have a great day :-)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.