Program to import MySql data for me?

Applellial

Hello,

I run a fairly large & popular community based website but currently cannot afford to pay someone to update my import scripts (php/mysql), which import data from affiliates to populate a table in our database. Problem is the partners/affiliates are sometimes changing their schema, which they have done recently.

I'm therefore currently inserting the data manually, but its taking a good 5 minutes a row, and there are thousands of rows ahead of me. I'm therefore wondering if there is available software that allows you to import data by simply matching fields in a csv file to the database fields?

Some rows would need to be new, some rows would need just a few fields updating. Is there software that can do this? It would need to fuzzy match a 'Name' field for each row etc.

There are some linked tables but I could bypass those for now.

I realise i could be clutching at straws here but any info would be appreciated. Many thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.