Editing content

canadezo

I want to have a edit content thing; for a site of mine; I want one... kinda pre-made so all I gotta do is change the little coding around; I don't want to go through databases and huge configurations, like ckeditor wants me to; however, that is something that I want. How can I do this?

maybe a simple php require_once (aboutme.txt) and to edit it will be like a little form that edits aboutme.txt... I don't know; any information at all will be extremely helpful! Thanks.

You could go this way you mentioned. If the admin is you there is no need to use either WYSIWYG or DB , you could create a form in a file (with some admin privileges) and enter there your content in HTML, then PHP will save it in a file (could be .html) and use it as include.

But … this is the easy , risk full and dirty way to go, actually it is “what CMS is” just to understand the concept. If you will use it often or in more ways, than you are describing, it is cheaper in recourses to think about programming and data bases.

I want to have a edit content thing; for a site of mine; I want one... kinda pre-made so all I gotta do is change the little coding around; I don't want to go through databases and huge configurations, like ckeditor wants me to; however, that is something that I want. How can I do this?

either you want it or you don't? lol

ckeditor isn't hard to 'install' into a page to edit content. but if you don't want to do any coding, which it sounds like, why not just take an 'out the box' solution like wordpress?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.