doubts with jquery

alapimba

Hello.

I'm trying to make a site using jquery but it's been so simple as i thought it would be.

Some stuff it didn't even make sense, don't if it's me , if it's the scripts that i'm using.

This is what i have done so far. There a few things not using jquery but i'll replace it later (if i get helped :D)

The link to my tests:

http://endbox.com/clientes/jquery_test/studio5.html

Now my problems and doubts.

My idea is to have the menu on the right, when you click on projects the grey menu appear and then if you choose the first project the thumbnails appear, if you clicked the 2nd a diferent ones would appear and the visible ones would hide.

The appear and dissappear i got it working using the buttons above the left menu. But still i'm lost with lots of things.

First thing is, how can i make the appear and dissappear work on the grey menu? I don't even understand how to make a link to a specific word? i saw the examples on the tutorials but they are allways refered to the a href funciont in general and not to a specific one.

2nd doubt is... the thumbnails has to be from the beguinning on the page? or they can be loaded as i click? this question is because don't make sense load the complete site at once... but then if it's loaded external, how can i control them to use the basic hide() function?

other doubt that i have is related to the order as everything is loaded. I have this:

$("#apa").click(function(){

$("#sliding-nav").each(function(index) {

$(this).delay(100*index).fadeIn(600);

slide("#sliding-nav", 25, 15, 150, .8);

});

});

why can't if i remove the line "$(this).delay(100*index).fadeIn(600);" this don't work anymore?

I have a few other things that i didn't understand but maybe with this one answered i can figure out the others.

Thank you very much.

First thing is, how can i make the appear and dissappear work on the grey menu? I don't even understand how to make a link to a specific word? i saw the examples on the tutorials but they are allways refered to the a href funciont in general and not to a specific one.

Exactly as you made the button work.  First give the menu items "id='name'" attributes.  Your layout would be a lot clear if you used a ul rather than a table, but regardless each menu item needs it's own id. Then associate the onclick with the menu behavior function exactly as you did with the button. 

Yes basically you're on the right track there.  CSS id's are suppossed to be unique identifiers for areas or widgets, so their use for unique menu items is perfectly matched.  Obviously you need to associate behavior with the event(s) you want to handle. 

ok this part i guess i understood.

now hwo about the load content? How should i do about the loading of images of the gallery (as you see on the example that i just gave the link).

I guess i can click on the menu and load the page and if in the page theres any action like the fadeIn it will work and no one notice that a new page just loaded. My doubts is regarding the unload of a page and load another. and i'd like that the unload happend just after a slideUp action or something like that...

But i'm a bit lost in this chapter.

hi

i'm lost again.

my idea is almost working but my code is a mess and not working exactly has i wanted.

my link: http://endbox.com/clientes/jquery_test/studio5.html

the working link is "project" and then the 2 first projects are working.

The problem.

The way as the images appear when you click the first time on "camouflage" or "campaing" is not the same way as it appear on the second click after been hidden.

i don't know whats the way to code this so when i click on a area, lets say campaing if camouflage it's open the idea was camouflage close and then campaing open like on the first click.

The other problem is that on IE the smartColumns(); function is not working has it should..

can you help me?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.