US Based Payment Processing Service

shatner

Hey Guys,

Hope I've posted in the correct place!

I’m looking for recommendations for a payment processing service in the USA. Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent service? Or has anyone had experience with:

Chase Paymentech, First Data or Element Payment Services?

We’re looking at processing a low volume of high value ($3k+) transactions.

Thanks for any pointers you could give.

Andy

Paymenttech is the main one I've had experience with in the past.  Due to the high transaction value, it sounds like you really will want to be aggressive in combatting fraud.  Most of the payment processors have ant-fraud addons, but you might be surprised to find that you have to pay more for them, and frequently roll some of your own.  Whomever you use, you really want to vet what they have in that regard, and make sure you're using the maximum amount of authentication you can.  For example, by default a lot of the api's might not even check that the address submitted matches the cc address -- things of that nature that you would just assume are being verified actually aren't.

Otherwise, I would assume it's a matter of getting the best deal you can on transaction fees.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.