Image Upload puzzle

fife

Im trying to just simply upload an image and the insert it into my database.  I have my code which I have stripped all error checking out.  When it runs the page refreshs but the file does not appear in the folder and the table is not updating.  There are no server log errors or anything can someone help please...

This will be an update form eventually but for now Im just trying to insert the image

if (isset($_POST['update_field'])) {
//
//	$intro = trim($_POST['intro']);
//	$intro = mysql_real_escape_string($intro);
//	$intro = mysql_query("UPDATE clubsstuff SET intro = '$intro' WHERE ID = '".$intro['cID']."' ") or die(mysql_error());	
//another photo uploader
$fileName = $_FILES['intro_image']['name'];
$tmpName = $_FILES['intro_image']['tmp_name'];
$fileSize = $_FILES['intro_image']['size'];
$fileType = $_FILES['intro_image']['type'];
$randName =$User['memberID'].md5(rand() * time());
$FileName = $randName;
$folder = "/members/images/{$intro['county']}/";
//if ($FileSize >250000){$msg=$msg."Your uploaded file size is more than 250KB so please reduce the file size and then upload. Visit the help page to know how to reduce the file size.<BR>";
//$file_upload="false";}	
//	
//	}
//	
//	if (!($FileType =="image/jpeg" OR $intro_image_type=="image/gif")){$msg=$msg."Your uploaded file must be of JPG or GIF. Other file types are not allowed<BR>";
//$file_upload="false";}
move_uploaded_file($tmpName , "$folder".$FileName.$fileType) or die(mysql_error());
//connect to database again
include('../../Connections/database.php'); 
$FileName;
$time = time();
$qInsert = "INSERT INTO `images` 
(`image_name`, `creationDate`, user,c ID, album_id, intro_image)
	VALUES                    
	('$FileName', '$time', '".$User['member_ID']."', '".$intro['cID']."', '1', 'yes')";
			$rInsert = mysql_query($qInsert) or die(mysql_error()); 

//Tells you if its all ok 
$url = "edit.php";        
header("Location: ".$url.""); 

and the form

<form action="" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="c_image">
<input type="file" name="intro_image" id="intro_image">

<input type="submit" name="update-field" id="update-field" value="Update">

I get this.......

edit_vsvb0n90nx.php on line 14

but that refers to a query that I know works fine as was already on the page.  I dont understand the

_vsvb0n90nx.php

as the page is just called edit.php with nothing after it

Ok thank you PFMaBiSmAd but I now have this error.  This is my first image uploader so I have no idea how to trouble shoot it.  ive pinched and wrote my own code.  The uploady part was from a tut so I cant see whats up with it

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/members/images/Lancashire/000000000354ca08848008b86f5057364ae0dc09b8.image/jpegimage/jpeg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/site.com/public_html/members/edit/edit.php on line 37

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpTFdk4s' to '/members/images/Lancashire/000000000354ca08848008b86f5057364ae0dc09b8.image/jpegimage/jpeg' in /home/sites/site.com/public_html/members/edit/edit.php on line 37

line 37 is

move_uploaded_file($tmpName , "$folder".$FileName.$fileType) or die(mysql_error());

right I noticed it had the file type on it twice so I changed the move upload file code to

move_uploaded_file($tmpName , "$folder".$FileName) or die(mysql_error());

Im still getting the error that says the directory does not exist.  Which is not true.  The directory that it is referring to does exist on the server.

cool thanks again  but if I put $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] at the front of the string

$folder = "".$_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]."members/images/{$intro['county']}/";

it error again but the path looks as follows...........

http://www.site.com/public_html/members/images/lancashire/000000000324587b2446acd77b5a31fca2e7fec2fc.image/jpeg

Obviously public shoud not be there

The link I posted stated that a leading / on a file system path refers to the root of the current hard disk. Do you know what the root of the current hard disk means?

If your $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] contains http://www, then who ever setup the virtual host configuration on your server didn't know what they should set it to.

yes I know what the root mean.  My site is hosted from Heart Internet.  A massive company in which My words would have no effect over.  If im in the folder

/members/edit

and my page is called edit.  Then surely to reference an image from the root it would be

/images

or even

../images

Other images and files on the site are used this way so why when I write

$folder = "/members/images/{$intro['county']}/";

does it say the path does not exist and why even if i type it not go from.

http://www.thesite.com/members/images/ (image name here)

does it still give me a server error like so..............

[Thu Jun 23 18:49:04 2011] [error] [client 94.5.254.197] PHP Warning:  move_uploaded_file() [<a href='function.move-uploaded-file'>function.move-uploaded-file</a>]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpWwYpSt' to 'http://www.site.com/members/images/Lancashire/0000000003d75b6a81a8c42da6028c835dd7cda019.image/jpeg' in /home/sites/site.com/public_html/members/edit/edit-club-intro.php on line 35, referer: http://www.site.com/members/edit/edit-club-intro.php

Maybe I dont understand properly as im really confused now.  Can somebody at least explain the previous post or the error above?

Thank you

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.