Pasted Twitter code into my post and whoaaaaah - now it appears two times.

fathernugen

Hi code masters,

I have a small problem which will probably be "too easy" for some of you.

The twitter feed I added to my post appears twice. One in the right place (where the post usually is) and one in the top left which hovers over the rest of the post like its from independence day. 

This is what I did to cause this monstrosity.

1. Logged into twitter, got some widget code.

2. Changed a couple of colours.

3. Copied and pasted the code into the html section of my Wordpress post.

4. Pressed update and went to look at my new post.

5. Cussed my computer for being wrong.

------------------------------------------

I have tried this too and it furnishes me with the same result.

1. Create custom field called twitter.

2. Add code into value field.

3, Update to see that it's the same a s last time.

------------------------------------------

I want the twitter feed to appear where the post normally is.

Here is a link so you can see what my problems are;

http://www.atmosphere-uk.com/social-media/twitter/

Thanks for looking, anyone who does, and if you manage to help Ill be over the moon.

Surya Osborne.

I have hard coded the twitter widget into my homepage now, my thinking was that I would avoid any problems by doing that.

I still get the same problem on my homepage. Twitter appears where it is supposed to but another ghost of the first twitter box turns up to haunt the top right of my website. Do I have to get the Ghost Busters in or does anyone know what I do to fix this?

I've tried turning off all plugins, and adding jquery no conflict library but the problem still persists.

Homepage is here, problem is obvious:

http://www.atmosphere-uk.com

Hmm, The twitter box is too big and covers the top bar and the main menu. otherwise it displays correctly for me. I've checked it with Safari and Chrome. Weren't you able to use a smaller widget or to change the size in the code. One more thing! I saw you have the same thing in the left side of the home page in the main body. Wahy don't you just remove the top Twitter widget and add some text for each slide. The site would look much better

Hi,

The twitter widget that appears at the top of the page is there by magic and not by design.

I only added the twitter widget to the space next to the facebook widget half way down the page.

The one you see at the top of the page is the problem one. I only added the code once. And the widget appears twice.

You said "Wahy don't you just remove the top Twitter widget and add some text for each slide".

The slides are the only item that should be populating the top of the page. The twitter widget should not be there. Its a problem with the code.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this anomoly?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.