User Generated Websites

carlos sagan

I'm real new to php and mysql.  My goal is to make a site where users can register and then create their own pages that display on the site.  Any suggestions on how to go about this?  I've read that drupal and joomla can be used to do something like this.  Are there plugins / apps already more or less coded or am I going to have to do a lot of the coding myself?  Thanks.

Either way it's not a lot of code. Take a look at cookies(for login/register users) and fwrite/file_put_contents and/or uploading files. You should probably strip out any illegal characters / code in the new page before publishing it on the net.

I don't know if drupal / joomla does this as I've never used any third party scripts for my stuff. But you should really look into the above, it's not hard at all! You'll find it fun too.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.