php variables combined

dodgeitorelse

Hi everyone,

I have several variables named $list1 through $list20.

I need to know if it is possible to use another variable to fill in the number at the end of the first variable depending on a server that is selected.

The variable to determine the server is $server['o']['id']

The id is a number from 1 - 20

I tried $list{$server['o']['id']} but all I get for a value is the number and not the $list before it.

Due to the existing code that I am trying to use this in I have to be able to do this inside single quotes as double quotes kills all the code (shows nothing but a blank page for everything)

How can this be achieved?

To dynamically generate variable names, the curly quotes need to go around the entire variable name:

${'list' . $server['o']['id']}

Thank you very much . I had tried the curly quotes but put first one before the dollar sing instead of after. Again thank you for your working solution.  :D

I've heard curly braces called curly bracketsflower brackets - squiggly brackets - curvy brackets - curvy braces , and yes even more.

The first 3 are commonly used depending what country you live in.

But in no way is { or } a quote.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.