Need help spoofing referrer

Applellial

Ok, what I'm doing here is driving traffic to my site via advertising but I need to avoid increasing my bounce rate, so I want to send the traffic to a page with the script to spoof the referrer so that it shows up in my analytics as if it came from another page on my site, and then send them on to the page I want them to land on. The reason being that high bounce rates have a negative effect on ranking, and traffic from advertising is always going to have a higher bounce rate than organic search traffic.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

You might be able to accommplish this with mod_rewrite and the use of setEnv.  I don't see what analytics has to do with search engine ranking however.  I have a high bounce rate and it has no effect whatsoever on the articles that people bounce from, many of which are first page google results for one or more of the most relevant keyword searches for that material.

you could likely achieve this via cURL how exactly to approach it I couldn't tell ya per say but I did something not to long ago to fool the browser into thinking that the browser agent and referring agent we're mobile agents. My assumption is this could work for you as well.. Take some tweaking.. but an example of what I mean, although it was never cleaned up is

http://chrishacia.com/demo/try/urls.php?v=facebook.com&d=ipad

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.