Distributing CSV file into multiple rows

Sterling0

My SQL server version is 5.0.91.

I run a non-profit that allows people to locate free and reduced-price healthcare services throughout the US and its territories, located here:

www.freecarefinder.org

It also allows clinics to add their own information to the database, which is arranged like this:

Table "Clinics"

NameAddressPhoneStateCountyPID

Jim's Clinic1234 Main Street, NYC, NY123-456-7890New YorkYork7601

Table "Services"

PIDService

7601Audiology

7601Family Practice

7601Mental Health

The guest chooses his/her state, county, and specialty and the site searches for matches using NATURAL JOIN between the two tables.

The guest is also able to add clinics one-at-a-time.

My goal, however, is to introduce a way in which someone (myself included) could add multiple clinics at once, each with multiple services.  I have, for example, 5700 clinics to add that each cover mental health, addiction treatment, and some other services.

My original thought was to have the user download a template .csv file and have them fill it out, then upload it, and php/sql would insert it into the database, but I can't figure out how to set it up such that it could read something like this:

NameAddressPhoneStateCountyFamily PracticeHIV/AIDSDentistry(...etc)

Jim's Clinic1234 Main Street, NYC, NY123-456-7890NYYorkX[/td]X

And put it into the "Services" table.

Any suggestions?  Please keep in mind that I'm fairly new at this.  Thanks in advance!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.