Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchAll() on a non-object

Mufleeh

Hi,

I am receiving the below when I'm trying to log into my system....

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchAll() on a non-object in C:\Program Files\BitNami WAPPStack\apache2\htdocs\census\.private\permission.php on line 87

Below are the codes in the line number 86 and 87,

$result = $dbh->query($query);

$rows = $result->fetchAll();

Is there any error in this code or suggestions to fix this?

Regards,

Mufleeh

That error message indicates that (in your case) $result does NOT contain an object. Since $result is set (presumably to a result object) in the previous statement, this would indicate that $dbh->query($query); failed. This would indicate that either the query failed -- you need to check the value of $query; or there is no database connection -- you need to check the code that assigns $dbh. You may also need to check the base class used to create $dbh (if it is a home-grown class).

Hi,

I think it is being connected to the data base, because the welcome message appears with the user log in name. Next the $dbh is assigned as,

$dbh = new PdoExt();

Actually the system was working perfectly before I upload few data for the database. Please check whether you can help me.

Regards,

Mufleeh

I have provided all the help I can based on the code posted.

This would indicate that either the query failed -- you need to check the value of $query; ...

Did you check the $query? Is it valid? Did you run it directly? Did it work?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.