Tabs with dropdown menus

creata.physics

Hello there, I'm trying to make a tab list with a dropdown menu.

Basically, I want one tab, which I already have, so when it is clicked, it's background color changes and a menu drops down, while the menu is dropped, the tab stays highlighted.

I've looked at many tutorials that have something similar to this, but not exact.  Even something basic would be nice, like say when your on your facebook account, and you click your notification button, the background of the icons turns white to match the dropdown box, but the tab stays highlighted until you click off of this.

I have already done something like this, using a tutorial, but I have way too much excess CSS and javascript, I believe there is an easier way to do this.

To view an example of what I have already, you can go to http://zext.org and login under the test account, username and password is test, and click your username, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Sorry for the sloppy explanation, but I think I got my point across, if anybody needs anymore information, feel free to ask.

that is done with javascript.

For a menu that works without the use of javascript. Have a look at the son of suckerfish menu. They only use javascript there for older browsers that do not understand the pseudo hover class.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.