redirect old url with variables to new simple url

imperium2335

Hi,

I am trying to do a rewrite for my old url which looks something like this (example):

myurl.com/contact.php?e=Siemens:+6ES7+3146BF010AB0&i=67271&m=Siemens&a=6ES73146BF010AB0

I would like anything myurl.com/contact.php?e=Siemens... to go to siemens.html. It doesn't matter what is after siemens.

I have tried things like ^(.*)contact.php?e=siemens(.*)$ siemens.php, but it doesn't work.

By you saying you've tried that I'm going to go ahead and assume you mean as a RewriteRule. In order to make redirects based on a query string you will need to use RewriteCond's. As a rough guide it can be done something along these lines...

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} e=([^&]+)
RewriteRule ^contact\.php %1.html

... please take note though that this expects links on your site to be of the form contact.php?e=siemens and that you actually have a file on your system that is called siemens.html.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.