Ajax Form

runthis

I understand completely how to submit a form with ajax, my question is, how do you get the page its supposed to post to, to appear like an actual form does.

Like im posting to 'boobs.php' in ajax i submit to boobs.php, but how do i get boobs.php to also be the resulting outcome, like an original form does?

The old school way or with prototype.

You want the page to change appearance after the form has been submitted? Is that your question?

The easiest way is to not bother using Ajax, done. If you still want to use Ajax you will need to (once the form has been submitted) remove the form from the DOM and replace it with whatever you want.

Ok that was a bad answer, i am definitely looking for a better one than (dont use ajax) in a fucking ajax forum... anyone?

Edit: actually that was an administrators answer..meh nevermind, ill figure it out myself or try another forum.

Ok that was a bad answer, i am definitely looking for a better one than (dont use ajax) in a fucking ajax forum... anyone?

Edit: actually that was an administrators answer..meh nevermind, ill figure it out myself or try another forum.

are you really that hostile to a forum that gives programming advice for free?  :headslap:

No, i solved the answer on my own, and it was involving forms in dynamically created objects.

post=function(){ 
var params="username="+document.getElementById('username').value+"&password="+document.getElementById('password').value+"";
new Ajax.Updater('LoadId', 'file.php', {
method:'post', parameters:params,evalScripts: true
});
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.