If, elseif and else

Linjon

Hello, i'm stuck with if, else if and else. My script doesn't work (no errors but doesn't work). I think problem is in this part:

//if username not found, insert that
if (!$row){ 
mysql_query("INSERT INTO `users` (username, password, access, created, expired, days) VALUES('$username', '$password', '$access', '$created', '$expires', '$days')");
echo $reply1;
}
//if user have same "access"
else if ($access == $accessCurrent){
mysql_query("UPDATE `users` (username, password, access, created, expired, days) VALUES('', '', '', '', '$expiresNew', '')");
echo $reply2;
}
//if user haves different "access"
else{
mysql_query("INSERT INTO `users_2` (username, password, access, created, expired, days) VALUES('$username', '$password', '$access', '$created', '$expires', '$days')");
mysql_query("UPDATE `users` (username, password, access, expired, days) VALUES('', '', '$accessNew', '')");
echo $reply3;
}

If you know what's wrong then tell me :P

Your explanation of it doesn't work is pretty basic.

You probably don't have error reporting on.

Either way, you need to put some conditionals on the mysql_query statements. Quick way to determine what is happening, put or die(mysql_error()); on the end of each mysql query.

If you want a better response, post what is happening entirely and post all of your code.

Hello,

I also believe that you have an error in mysql queries.

I am guessing that your

else{
mysql_query("INSERT INTO `users_2` (username, password, access, created, expired, days) VALUES('$username', '$password', '$access', '$created', '$expires', '$days')");

is wrong, please confirm that you have 'users_2' table is exist in to database!

Your UPDATE query is not valid. Should be something like this

mysql_query("UPDATE `users` SET access = '$accessNew' WHERE username = '$username'") or die(mysql_error()); // More fields will be separated by comma.

See: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/update.html . You would have also seen this if you used mysql_error() for debugging your queries like mentioned above.

Thank's. By the way, how can i edit post ? Can't find "edit" button :/

You are only allowed to edit a post within 5-10 minutes of its creation ( not sure of the exact timeframe)

Code: [select]

mysql_query("UPDATE `users` SET access = '$accessNew' WHERE username = '$username'") or die(mysql_error()); // More fields will be separated by comma.

See: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/update.html . You would have also seen this if you used mysql_error() for debugging your queries like mentioned above.

is there an echo in here?

If you do what teynon suggested and use mysql_error, you will no doubt find the error(s) to occur in your mysql update statements. The syntax is all wrong.

For correct syntax, refer here

I believe this is the echo in question.

lol...no problem, I found it more amusing at the fact that you thought that I meant the PHP function echo instead...

Haha.. that is indeed what I was thinking all the time, a php echo().  :D Was few times like wtf^1000. People telling every second post there is a echo.. theres not echo!, thereeeeeeeis eccccccHOOOOOOOOO.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.