PHP_Arrays_XML... I guess.

Aryan Duntley

Hello, I am gathering data from basecamp.  I am not using the API's because i simply could not figure out how to work them.  I attempted the sample files that were associated with the various api's but could not get them working.  So I have some simple php code with curl elements to access the data.  The data I receive is space separated elements.  I am using http://keithdevens.com/software/phpxml#source This guy's code to generate array elements.  I guess this PHP's way of outputting XML, but I am having a hard time of figuring out what the heck is going on with it all.  The format is shown below and repeats for the rest of the data (obviously the elements or values differ for the individual tags or array elements).  I would appreciate any assistance or ideas on how to access the various elements individually, or to at least have this out put in a more readable manner.  There should be five categories (date, description, id, person-id, and project-id; but a sixth category/element is seen here -- todo-item-id).  Here is the format with the first two complete sets (warning: it's lengthy...):

Array ( [time-entries attr] => Array ( [type] => array ) [time-entries] => Array ( [time-entry] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [date attr] => Array ( [type] => date ) [date] => 2011-07-21 [description] => Installing XiPay component diecommi.mvc to the correct place, ad-hoc testing. [hours attr] => Array ( [type] => float ) [hours] => 1.25 [id attr] => Array ( [type] => integer ) [id] => 41720538 [person-id attr] => Array ( [type] => integer ) [person-id] => 7605777 [project-id attr] => Array ( [type] => integer ) [project-id] => 6386298 [todo-item-id attr] => Array ( [type] => integer [nil] => true ) [todo-item-id] => ) [1] => Array ( [date attr] => Array ( [type] => date ) [date] => 2011-07-20 [description] => negative auth deployed to dev.zeemedical.com [mostly] [hours attr] => Array ( [type] => float ) [hours] => 7.5 [id attr] => Array ( [type] => integer ) [id] => 41720423 [person-id attr] => Array ( [type] => integer ) [person-id] => 7605777 [project-id attr] => Array ( [type] => integer ) [project-id] => 6386298 [todo-item-id attr] => Array ( [type] => integer [nil] => true ) [todo-item-id] => ) [2] => Array ( [date attr] =>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.