C++ Ideas.

Ninjakreborn

Any ideas for some simple (yet useful) C++ apps you have always wanted but can't find anywhere?

I am feeling a little ambitious right now, but can't think of any decent ideas for desktop apps. I have been

doing C++ For awhile. I am not extremely complex with it yet, but I can write just about any standard console app,

and can probably do some simple windows apps now. Just can't seem to think of anything that would be halfway useful.

Personal webcrawler that can read xml's or even crawl and create it from websites.

But with a twist, the links get organized by keywords as well. Like an advanced search/sitemap.

Think of it as an advanced bookmarking/search engine system for the sites you want to include.

I been thinking of making a system that is a community effort using each persons desktop crawler to collect and store data at a central server.

User would input a site url, it would check the site for any xml's, if none exist check the central database, if still none and they opted to participate, the desktop crawler would do work during low cpu usage times. The collective data from each user would then be saved for them and the next person to use.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.