helppppp me

ecabrera

ok this is wat i did to get the view the video i must have dont been paying attention when i wrote this but  i remove the htmltext from

$description = htmltext($description);   

and bang videos but it gave me errors

Notice: Undefined index: commentbtn in /home/ecabrera/public_html/videos.php on line 92

if ($_POST['commentbtn']){

Notice: Undefined index: s in /home/ecabrera/public_html/videos.php on line 131

$start = $_GET['s'];

Notice: Undefined variable: username in /home/ecabrera/public_html/videos.php on line 168

if ($username){

ok 1st one - use the @ symbol like we covered earlier

if (@$_POST['commentbtn']){

2nd one - you didn't change the code like a I suggested, change the code for the code block at line 131 to

$perpage = 10;
if(@$_GET['s']){
$start = $_GET['s'];
}
else{
$start = 0;
}

3rd one - another @ symbol here

if (@$username){

look sry if you dont understand me but im createing a project and i havent slept in like 2 days im so tired

when i paste this to my script a comment box should appear but it does not instead this happens

Notice: Undefined index: commentbtn in /home/ecabrera/public_html/videos.php on line 94

and if i try (@$_POST['commentbtn']){  i will just surpass that but i dont want that

// comment section

echo "<a name='comments'></a><div style='margin-top: 15px;'>

<b class='corners'>

<b class='corners1'><b></b></b>

<b class='corners2'><b></b></b>

<b class='corners3'></b>

<b class='corners4'></b>

<b class='corners5'></b></b>

<div class='cornersfg'>

<div class='top'>$title Comments</div>

</div>

<div class='bottom'>";

// comment button action

if (@$_POST['commentbtn']){

$comment = $_POST['comment'];

if ($comment){

if ($userid != $getid){

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM video_comments WHERE video_id='$getid' AND user_id='$userid' AND comment='$comment'");

$numerows = mysql_num_rows($query);

if ($numrows != 0){

$commdate = date("F d, Y"); // October 08, 2010

mysql_query("INSERT INTO video_comments VALUES ('', '$getid', '$userid', '$username', '$comment', '$commdate')");

yeah, I think the word you wanted was supress, not surpass.  It's the only option for the way you are checking the value.  you are basicly saying "If this value has been assigned, do this-" however, any time that the value is unassigned you will get that notice up.  you are either going to have to change the way you check for the form having been submitted (and quite a few other things as well) or use the @ to suppress the notice.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.