PHP and GD
Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:25 AM
I have a default install of php on a Fedora server running with apache. When I a phpinfo.php GD isn't listed. Is there a config file i need to update or something else?
Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:16 PM
How do I install gd on Fedora Linux?
yum install gd-devel
Note: this might not install the latest, most-cutting edge version of gd, depending on the version of Fedora you are running and how current their gd packages are at the moment.
I'm not sure if that means download the library first, if you do need to download it it is also on that site, if not then that should give you A version of GD tho as it says not always the latest one but methinks downloading it from that site will help
Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:27 PM
Dont know how to do it for your server but this is how 2 do it under windows. I think there is not much difference.
1. go to the following url http://www.php.net/downloads.php
2. download "PHP 5.2.0 zip package"
3. when downloaded open the zipfile and look for the file named "php_gd2.dll"
4. copy this file to your php folder something like (C:\Program Files\PHP\extensions) or where ever your extension directory is.
5. locate your php.ini file and open it.
6. search for the following line ";extension=php_gd2.dll " (line 641)
and uncomment it(remove";")
if this line reads "extension=php_gd.dll" just rename it to "extension=php_gd2.dll"
7. also change the extension_dir = ".\" to extension_dir = ".\extensions"or what ever your extensions directory is (line 520)
Hope this helped.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users