Please Help Me

skwap

Friends,

iam developing a small website & i used php & mysql.

i have a problem small problem with sql update statement.....

HERE IS MY DATA BASE TABLE

id    pubtoday    pubtotal    todayclicks    totalclicks    today_is

1      2.00              5.00          200                5000          29/2011/07

I want to update all user's pubtoday & todayclicks fields as 0 if the today_is date is not match with today date & also update new date.

Consider Above Code (I Used)

$today = date("d/Y/m");

$update = mysql_query("UPDATE `statistics` SET `pubtoday` = '0.00' , `todayclicks` = '0' WHERE `today_is`!=$today");

if($update) {

$update1 = mysql_query("UPDATE `statistics` SET `today_is` = '$today' WHERE `today_is`<>$today");

}

but here iam facing a problem that is pubtoday & todayclicks is setting as 0 if the date match. I need only update if the $today date is not match with db stored date.

Please help me... & what is the error ??

i changed the today_is data type to date & also made a small changes in the code (added quotes surrounded by $today)...

Ya Its Got Worked !

Thank You...........................

Could you please explain what may be the error occurred their ??

is it the problem of data type / in coding ?

Stings need to be surrounded by quotes. So do dates actually. But yeah,, you should always use a date type when dealing with dates, this way if you ever need to sort by date or do any other queries based on dates you can use the date functions.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.