Post from an external script(cmdline) to wordpress - Help Figuring this out...

Briller

Hi , i haven't dealt much with php professionally , just some minor changes to code im my wordpress,.and i need some help with wordpress .

im a 3d artist and ive managed to work up a script in Maya (3d software)  that sends an email to my wordpress using (sendEmail) and posts certain objects to my blog. Using postie i can publish it on my blog.

however ,should i want other folks to use this, i cannot identify users this way so i changed my script to use each users email, smtp , email password.

while its working ok , some clear disadvantages remain.

no one would want to put their main email password im sure even though its not getting saved anywhere 

so leading to my question :

Is there a way i can post to wordpress using the DOS command line .(using open source modules like sendEmail but for get/post methods).

i want to set a simple command containg the username , password, message , attachments and the target catagory/subcatagory to post to.

can anyone explain how would this be possible to create?

would i need to go through a web browser for this ?

do i need any modules?  :confused:

please help. i really want to get this done , this is the only thing blocking me from releasing this website and script to the wolrd and opening up a new community... :)

thanks in advance,.

B

ok , ill try to make it clearer.

i need to call out to a module or app, that will parse the information i need to post to wordpress.

to call out that module, i want to use the command line.

its possible to use an external software (open sourced) .

an ideal solution would be :

1. go to cmd >

2.type>  externalMoudlue.exe -username -password  -my message - my attachments -targetCategory

and that would take care of the posting for me.

hope i manged to clear things up . and hope there might be something out there that can do this.  :-\

B

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.