Make Lightbox Appear After Header Location

unemployment

After my users register I am trying to load my lightbox to tell them to go and activate their account, but my lightbox won't load after header location.  How can  I achieve this?

<?php

header("location: index.php");

?>
<script type="text/javascript"> 
lightbox.show('Success!', function(body){
	body.appendChild(document.createTextNode('You have registered successfully! Please check your email <?php echo $u_info['email']; ?> to activate your account.'));
});
</script>

You can't output anything after a redirect, it's completely illogical.

It's like sending someone to the store and then after they're gone, pulling out the needed money.

So it sounds like your saying that I need to play the javascript in index.php?

How can I tell the script to load only when someone complete the registration after the redirect?

can you show the whole code.  I can't decipher what you're doing from the code you provided.

The full code would be very long but here is a bigger snippet.  I made a registration page and after the third step I want users redirected back to the index where my lightbox would load telling them to check their email.  I wan't to do this rather than have a thank you page.

<?php
                        $sql = "UPDATE `users` SET `country` = '${country}', `state` = '${state}', `city` = '${city}', `personalweb` = '${personalweb}', `dateofbirth` 	= '${dateofbirth}', `gender` = '${gender}', `signupdate` = NOW() WHERE `id` = ${id}";

mysql_query($sql) or die("User insert error: ".mysql_error());

if((isset($accounttype)) && ($accounttype == 0))
		{
			$sql2 = "INSERT INTO `investor_info`(`uid`, `accredited`) VALUES('${id}', '${accredited}')";

mysql_query($sql2) or die("User insert error: ".mysql_error());
		}

$_SESSION["uid"] = $id;
		$u_info = fetch_user_info_reg($id);

$invbody = str_replace(array('<[fname]>', '<[id]>', '<[code]>'), array($u_info['firstname'], $u_info['id'], $u_info['code']), $invbody);

mail($u_info['email'], 'Activate Your Account', $invbody, 'From: Prymd <noreply@prymd.com>');

//deactivate_beta_key($_GET["key"], $id);

header("location: index.php");

?>
		<script type="text/javascript"> 
			lightbox.show('Success!', function(body){
				body.appendChild(document.createTextNode('You have registered successfully! Please check your email <?php echo $u_info['email']; ?> to activate your account.'));
			});
		</script>
		<?php
	}

?>

Why not just display the lightbox on the registration page and use document.location to redirect on close of the lightbox..?

I suppose I could do that.  Maybe that's what i'll do.

I've decided against it.  I want the lightbox to load on the index after the redirect.  Is there anyway to do this effectively?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.