What is a good approach for commenting?

radiations3

I just want to know for any post if we want to add a comment like facebook what is a good approach of coding for that

Is it good through php get id of the post and comment accordingly or any other language should good for this...??

And kindly also tell me which language is used by facebook for commenting is it ajax or what??

You could write code in any server-side language to do this.

Facebook uses PHP for allot of it's stuff, I wouldn't know what there comment engine is written in but I think allot of there real time stuff is node.js these days.

Ajax is NOT a language.

Someone told me that if you would like to do certain things on run time then you have to use AJAX

Actually i dont have any idea about AJAX why is it used and the like...

So do you suggest me to use php for creating the commenting functionality?? (easy and good approach)???

There's just one problem if i'll work on php

my commenting system will not allow a user to comment on the same page

for commenting a new page gets loaded (comment.php) which i think is a bad appraoch.

Any suggestions how to perform the functionality on the same page (like on "yoursite.com/profile.php?radiations")

Radiation, Ajax retrieves information from the server asynchronously with an XMLHTTPREQUEST OBJECT, meaning in the background, now you can pretty much do anything with this, it sends a request to the PHP, same way you do POST AND GET methods from a form....

request.open('GET','page.php?id=12',true)

the data returned can be handled using Ajax's XML functions

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.