Few questions :)

Fincikas

Hi,

Im begginer in all php and i have few questions for experts :)

1. I wanna set one time for all website or server. So if people will change the time on theyr own computers time in website will not change.

2. How to do something like this, if someone press the link, in database or somewhere should start to count the time. After that time counts down, something should automaticly inserts into database. Exaple:

I press link to upgrade level. Level takes 5mins to upgrade. After 5min my level should become 2 from 1. And that should change that level 1from database and add level to2.

So all im assking is, tell me much as you can about time and databases :) Thank you all for answers :)

1. I wanna set one time for all website or server. So if people will change the time on theyr own computers time in website will not change.

The time/date is independent of the server.

echo date('l jS \of F Y h:i:s A'); // Prints something like: Monday 8th of August 2005 03:12:46 PM (FROM PHP.NET)

Unless you're using Javascript which is clientside and will display the local time of the user.

2. How to do something like this, if someone press the link, in database or somewhere should start to count the time. After that time counts down, something should automaticly inserts into database.

Use a timestamp. Create a 'timestamp' field in your database table. When the link is clicked insert the CURRENT timestamp and make the upgrade level link when pressed, check if the timestamp is 5mins old or not.

So, I surfed in google and in youtube, and all I get about timestamp was from what data it is counting and some other unuseful info. So maby you can explain this more like step by step? or maby create all code. Because I can understood code, more than idea :)

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
function startTime()
{
var today=new Date();
var h=today.getHours();
var m=today.getMinutes();
var s=today.getSeconds();
// add a zero in front of numbers<10
m=checkTime(m);
s=checkTime(s);
document.getElementById('txt').innerHTML=h+":"+m+":"+s;
t=setTimeout('startTime()',500);
}

function checkTime(i)
{
if (i<10)
  {
  i="0" + i;
  }
return i;
}
</script>
</head>

I got new question, how to do that lets say in one hour in mysql numbers should increases 100. Example: i should get 100resources per hour. So 50resources per 30mins, 1.6resources per 1min and etc. And it should do it all automaticly, all the time.

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
function startTime()
{
var today=new Date();
var h=today.getHours();
var m=today.getMinutes();
var s=today.getSeconds();
// add a zero in front of numbers<10
m=checkTime(m);
s=checkTime(s);
document.getElementById('txt').innerHTML=h+":"+m+":"+s;
t=setTimeout('startTime()',500);
}

function checkTime(i)
{
if (i<10)
  {
  i="0" + i;
  }
return i;
}
</script>
</head>

I red all pages you give me, but i still cant understand how to use this code in my website.... I know php but i never did anything with javascript, maby here is the point? Can you explain me more about all this?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.