need help creating a module for a joomla component....

treybraid

i did post over the weekend and a poster on here took over the thread and wouldnt help me out... so i thought id post again....

Wondering if someone could help me out to create a Stats Module ( IE... Offensive or Defensive Player of Week )

Using GridIron Football Component-- see www.gafl.org[/u]]www.gafl.org for an example of the component/ mods in action...

I've included a screenshot of what I am trying to do... I've also attached the actual GridIron Component and the beginnings of the module which I am trying to create.....

the module would need to be able to sort in the backend>  when you choose team the players show up automatically under the player tab...Would ultimately like to put on my site a Defensive and Offensive Player of the week...

In the module the players pix would be pulled in... their name and personal info... jersey# along with height and weight (see the mockup)..along with present game summary and then season stats after that...

Can someone please take a look and help me create the stats module...

Thanks

Trey

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Treybraid,

I don't want to come off with another answer that is going to want to make you leave for the wrong reasons. However, if you just thought about it and did some research I am 100% sure you can type some code yourself and then we can assist you. I read your post, it seems like you already know what you are talking about... so make it happen!

You have already explained the design of the code and steps you need to take, now put it into action!

Thank you buddy.  8)

can someone help me here or offer some direction... i don't really know where to begin... i want to be able to sort in the module back-end and pull up a player for the award/ module...

example: when i choose team > all players under that team will then appear in a drop down-- i know it is a sql query... then pull their specs ( including their picture which i know can be done via a php echo )  from their bio page... i want to manually enter in their stats... i don't think the team/s will be entering in the stats in great detail... the team logo would also be brought in with php echo if that make's any sense...

i just don't know where to being adding the query for players...if that make's any sense...

the main categories would be: passing, rushing, sacks & tackle's...

thanks

trey

dude... never mind about this since asking for some help is obviously like pulling teeth here... i will ask again--delete my god damn profile and i will find another forum/ community where people are a hell of a lot more helpful... you will not see me again that's for sure...

fucking pitiful as far as i am concerned... asking for some help and direction...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.