Public key

drisate

Hey guys i have a message thats has been encoded with a private key. On my side, i have a pubkey.pem file but i have no idea how to convert the unreadble string into something understandble. Also, i have no idea what the encryption is ... i attached the public key to this message. I woud like to know if somebody here would be able to point me in the right direction in order to be able to decrypt the encoded string. Also, this will be a one time thing so lets keep stuff as simple as possible lol

Thx in advance :-)

[attachment deleted by admin]

The sender of your message encrypted the message with his private key and your public key.  If you want to decrypt the message you need to decrypt it with your private key (and his public key, but that usually is done transparently by the software).

If you use Thunderbird, I'd recommend Enigmail

Asuming you're using windows and want the whole encryption suite go with Gpg4win which is based on GnuPG.  It also has an outlook plugin IIRC.

See the related documentation on how to decrypt a message.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.