Can't change root MAMP permissions

kreut

Hello!

Somehow (as if by magic...) I changed my local testing environment MAMP root permissions so that I could no longer DROP tables.  Well, now I'd like to DROP tables, but it won't let me change my root user (permission denied/password needed).  Since I'm not asked for a password in the first place I'm not quite sure how to do this, nor what password to use.  Any help would be appreciated...I'd hate to have to reinstall it all.

Thanks so much,

Eric

Hmmm..I'm not sure what you mean by "skip the grants".  If it helps, the exact error that I get is:

"DROP command denied to user 'root'@'localhost' for table 'examples'"

Isn't this saying that as a root user I don't have the access?  This doesn't really make sense to be because I thought that the root user was the "superuser".  If you could clarify your answer, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

-Eric

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.