Smarty SESSION variables not showing

stublackett

I'm working on an "In My Basket" Feature on a shopping site (X-Cart Version 4.0.0)

I'm pairing it on productid. I've done a tamper data on the post when you add to basket. The variable that is getting posted is productid.

I've been using This as a guide to output the productid variable. But I'm just not getting a response from the page at all.

The code I am using is

{$smarty.request.productid}

The TPL file I am using is http://dev.lceonline.co.uk/test/products_list.tpl

I am working on <div class="inbasket"> which is line 69.

It seems to output with the SERVER_NAME example. But I need that equivalent PHP $_POST VAR.

Does anyone have any idea on what I need to do to pull through the productid and show it on screen, Then I can do an IF statement based on that.

Hoping someone can help me out with this. It appears that smarty is just not showing the session variables at all...  :?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.