mail() issue

predator12341

Hi all,

I am using the mail function to send an email and when I send the email it goes through fine with one email address, but if I try to send it to a different email address it does not. However, the mail function still reports back that it was sent successfully. I have looked in the spam folder and I cannot see them there. Any one got any ideas?

Cheers

Mark

it is just a standard mail call

mail("me@mydomain.com", "web form request", $msg, $headers);

like I said, it works with one email address, but if I try to put a different email address in its place it fails. I did forget to say that the other email I try to send it to is on a different domain, but I have tried 3 email address and it is only one particular domain that messages appear not to be going to.

Its ok people. The issue was with the virtual host and how it directed mx records. made the correction and it now works fine. (I did have a feeling, it was going to be something like that)

btw this happened as the server thought the email was on the local box it was trying to send it to, so it does not send it and instead tries to just pass it along to the required service. But, the email is in-fact hosted on a google app's account and therefore once you disable the setting on the server it works fine.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.