Time lapse Possible?

roywebdesign

I was given the task of creating something similar to this: http://www.libertyhotel.com/functions_and_meetings/index.html

If you don't feel like clicking the link it is a time lapse video of a wedding reception being put together.

I have a wedding client who wants something similar, however the above example was created in Flash, and they do not want flash

due to their how amount of iPad and iPhone users.

I'm primarily a HTML/CSS/PHP guy so I'm not to great in the JavaScript realm.

If it is possible in any other language please let me know!

Thanks,

Mike

The flash looks like is basically a slide show.

The slide show accelerates through the pics up till speed x, and continues through the pics at speed x untill is reaches the end, at which point it stops, then returns to the first frame.

You could use a setTimeout. As the loop iterations increase so does the speed of the setTimeOut untill speed x is reached.

On each run of the loop take the 'next' pic name out of a holding array. When the said array is empty, clearTimeout.

The flash also has a 'play again' feature. To achieve this you will simply need to display a button at the end of the whole thing which will run the function again.

I would have a look for a jquery equiv though first before ploughing into that, although it does sound too complex.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.