one email address for pc and mobile device

anatak

Hello all,

I have no idea of what I want is possible.

I would like to have one email address that I can access by pc and by mobile device.

Accessing one email using multiple pc's is easily done with IMAP but that is not a real solution for a mobile phone / smart phone.

Most phone companies use PUSH email for the mobile device so that the phone does not have to poll the server unnecessary and use too much power (to save the battery).

Does anybody know which mail server can be setup to be a push email server (not exchange server) and a hosting company that provides this or how to set this up on a home system ?

thank you

anatak

thanks thorpe

did not know google could do this

will start playing around with the google mail for a bit.

I would still prefer something that is under my complete control but that looks like an almost impossibility.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.