Wordpress -> Pass a variable into the page from the admin area

RussellReal

I'd like to start with, I suck with wordpress (lol - I usually code things from scratch)

Well, okay.. Lets start here: (screenshots)

http://vvcap.net/db/2_THqnLwq-GdRdxGLs1A.htp

I hit edit right?

http://vvcap.net/db/ArXO-WXzoIuCid_FfEwL.htp

^^ I'm there now - from here on out I can explain what I want to achieve without screenshots :)

In this interface, I have seen something like this done before, I just know nothing about Wordpress' data handling and I tried googling it, but not knowing what its called kinda doesn't help.

They did something like:

[abc=1]

I don't know if it shows up as $abc in the page, or do I need to use a specific function to access this information.. is that even what I think it is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey thorpe man, where you been?

"Here man! Where you been?!"

Workin' hard :(

"Thats too bad man"

IKR

anyway, I had our catching up conversation for us (lol)

okay, basically, I wanted to pass a variable through with maybe a wordpress function, but instead of that I got slick and parsed the '[abc=123]' pair with php, since I'm amazing with php, I just never work with frameworks.. I'm almost always tasked to create new applications.

Thanks! :)

I did, ask the question...

I jsut wanted to know if it was possible to specify a variable or psuedo variable from the backend of wordpress and have that variable accessible through a function or global variable in the themes page..

But I haxed it up already, so I don't need the answer, but I did ask, pretty much twice, thats the third time^^ Minus the question mark, still pretty obvious what I wanted to accomplish lol.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.