301 and site Structure Consulting

anks

Folks,

I need consulting so that i do not loose the SEO value of my existing sites.

Here is my case:

I have 4 blogs which are all on diff self-help subjects.

BLog A: NLP : PageRank 4

BLog B: Law of Attraction : PageRank 3

BLog C: Success Tips : PageRank 3

BLog D: Relationship : PageRank 5

Since i am not a techie, its not easy for me to maintain all 4 blogs, so what i thought of is to merge all these 4 domains Under One domain, lot easier to maintain.

HEre is my Plan =>

I will have a parent domain. www.domain.com on Wordpress

And i will make main categoris like, NLP, law of attraction, Relationship, Success tips

I will put all the posts of NLP BLog under NLP Category and the same with other 3 BLogs.

THen i will 301 the NLP Domain to www.domain.com/nlp/ And the same way to other 3 blogs.

1- Will it be a better Structure? Or should i Contibue with older Structure, Seperate site for each niche, Someone said A site on a Specific niche is better for SEO and if we combine mroe than 1 Niches in a Site, it will loose its relevance. IS it true?

2- Will i be able to passon the Pageranks and Link Juice of those Indivisual BLogs?

3- I have one more domain which is not on Self-help Niche but on someother Topic, I want to Repurpose that domain and 301 it to this Common Domain home page of mine. Will it also passon the PAgerank?

4- 301'ing more than One Domains do any harm to the Common Domain Site?

Reply to these questions will help me alot.

Google's Best Practices for Moving your Site

Google's Best Practices for Running Multiple Sites Might have some relevant info for you too.

There are some obvious pros and cons with what you wish to do.  If you do move your site, make sure to not just redirect to the new site, but to the new site where the requested content is.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.