Please help me to correct this query

sledjama

Hello, I am working on a facebook style news feed, the feed you get to see when when you login to facebook that shows posts made by you and your friends.

i am able to get posts made by friends with this query

select members.username, wallpost.idx, poster_id, `post`, wall_id, `time`, member_info.picture from wallpost, member_info, members, friends  where (( poster_id=friends.friend1_id and friends.friend2_id=?) or (poster_id=friends.friend2_id and friends.friend1_id=?)) and member_info.user_id=wallpost.poster_id and members.id=wallpost.poster_id order by idx desc LIMIT 0,50

getting data from 4 tables to fulfill what i want but it does not show posts made by me

my id will be inserted where the question marks are.

select members.username, wallpost.idx, poster_id, `post`, wall_id, `time`, member_info.picture from wallpost, member_info, members, friends  where (( poster_id=friends.friend1_id and friends.friend2_id=?) or (poster_id=friends.friend2_id and friends.friend1_id=?) [b]or poster_id=?[/b]) and member_info.user_id=wallpost.poster_id and members.id=wallpost.poster_id order by idx desc LIMIT 0,50

adding the bolded part helped but it fetched dupplicates of my own posts while posts from friends is fine.

thanks in advance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.