Dynamically Adding Text-Boxes??

doubledee

I am building an Event Registration system, and am thinking that it should put the Attendee's name on the Ticket (and in the database) as a backup.

Is there a way to easily (and dynamically) display the same number of Text-Boxes as the # of Attendees entered?

For example, let's say the Customer (payor) wants to buy Tickets for herself and 5 friends to a Banjo Festival. 

Right now, I just have a drop-down box to capture the head-count, but it would be nice to have 5 Text-Boxes (or something appear) so that the Customer can easily type in the Names of the 5 Attendees *without* having to suffer numerous other clicks and/or screens.

Follow me?

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

Debbie

you can loop through the records and show textboxes equal to the number of records returned. and putting textbox name as array like this.

<input type='textbox' id='something' name='something[]'  value='{field returned from database}'/>

And then you can loop through it in a submit page to save it back.

you can loop through the records and show textboxes equal to the number of records returned. and putting textbox name as array like this.

<input type='textbox' id='something' name='something[]'  value='{field returned from database}'/>

And then you can loop through it in a submit page to save it back.

You got it backwards...

I need the Text-Boxes so I can gather Names to put INTO my database!  :P

Debbie

I know you have an aversion to Javascript but its really the only way to do it without submitting the number of attendees first :)

1.) How hard would that be?

2.) What happens if the User has JavaScript turned off?

3.) Couldn't I capture the Event and # of Attendees on one page - which is what I have now - and then load a new page which has ____ Text-Boxes to add names?

It is an extra screen, but maybe not so bad and it avoids the need for JavaScript, right?

Debbie

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.