var id = $(this).attr("id");

$('#basic-modal-content').modal();

$.get("ajax/cashier_entry.php?id="+id, function(data) {
	$("#basic-modal-content").html(data);
	});

return false;
});	 

});

Hi that is my simple code to get data from cashier_entry.php and loads it in a div. My question is if it is still not ready to be load I want some preloader to display. Not just a blank page and waiting for the result to come out...

Tnx in advance.

Do you mean you want some content to like a loading screen to appear if that field has been clicked or submited or whatever? If so an easy way to do it is have another get loaded up on the some event, passing a get variable through and then on the AJAX page have in PHP if variable is set then show loader. for example

$.get("ajax/cashier_entry.php?loader="+id, function(loader) {

$('#showLoader').html(loader);

});

Or it coudl be done by having the laoder etc... pre coded on the page and have the CSS display set to none and if something hasn't happened ie XMLHTPP request is still loading via your get then show the loader, not too sure how to do this in jQUERY but javascript it is easy as, and rememer you can swap it about by putting javascript in jQuery. Hope that helps if I have understood ur issue correctly

Or it coudl be done by having the laoder etc... pre coded on the page and have the CSS display set to none and if something hasn't happened ie XMLHTPP request is still loading via your get then show the loader, not too sure how to do this in jQUERY but javascript it is easy as, and rememer you can swap it about by putting javascript in jQuery. Hope that helps if I have understood ur issue correctly

this is the one I use and it's working. tnx for the reply, I was thinking that there is something like this is jquery but haven't found one.

if(document done executing the script) { 
     display the result 
}
else { 
    show a preloader
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.