MySQL Table showing old records which are already deleted!

xeirus

Hi!

I'm using MySQL5 and PHP5

I'm facing a really weird problem.

I deleted an entire table and recreated it, with the same table name.

The inserted rows are not the same as the previous ones but when I do an output of that table, it still shows me the contents of the old table!

This is really strange and I can't even imagine how this would be possible?

Please help!

My pathetic hosting company (APlus) has just asked me to bugger off so I'm really stuck.

- Xeirus

Sounds like the old table was not destroyed. If you have access to phpMyAdmin take a look at your tables.

A thought. - rename your table. Then make the new table with the old name. Add your info and do some querys to see if things are the way you want and then delete the unwanted table.

Old table was destroyed through phpmyadmin and phpmyadmin automatically refreshed the left-hand-side menu of tables when I do a delete or add of tables and the table was gone, then only I created the new table (although the same table name).

Yes, in phpmyadmin it shows 11 rows, in front end php, 10 only (and even these 10 rows are the old ones).

Yes, while I was waiting for a reply, I also tried renaming the table, then did a query from front-end php and it showed the 11 rows perfectly. Then I renamed the table back to its original name and back to square one, 10 (old) rows.

Ok, the culprit is the pathetic APlus Hosting service.

They moved DBs from one server to another and didn't inform us.

Oh yes, the servernames are different, just by ONE alphabet!

But then that's APlus, one of the most lame hosting companies I've every been with, no courtesy to inform the customers and dream on if you're looking for an apology!

Anyway, "thank you" to everyone who tried to help and sorry for the trouble!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.