Trying to figure out why my site is slow loading

JohnnyDoomo

Can someone help me on why my site is so slow at loading?

The site I am trying to fix is http://lil2u.com

It takes a good 15 seconds for it to come up, yet it has a slim design.

I'm not sure what's slowing it down, so I don't know if the html forum is the most accurate.

I've ran octagate's site timer and got these results from my location: http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?file=vag062iyvkv5fmciql26.gif

I don't really understand them, or if they even explain what is causing the slowdown.

It's not the server speed as other sites on the same server come up fine, and loading far heavier designs.

It seems to be down to the code running on the site, or if my host mis-configured the domain.

Can anybody help me with this? I'm not a programmer, so looking at the code does nothing for me.

I did however notice that when I had a FireFox addon that was called "better cache", that after visiting the site once, if I refreshed the page it would come up really quick, which seems to point to some type of code that is trying to load every time you visit the front page.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

It looks like the site is set up wrong. Your delay is on the server. It's trying to find your main file, which should be labeled index.something. When the site does load and I look at the code I get a black screen and an address of lil2u.com_indexurl1321636280334.txt  that don't look right.

I also hit the register icon and got a fast laod, but the page had an address (URL) of lil2u.com_index.html  which is not correct.

Think the site has to be set up again.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.