specified key was too long, importing an sql file converted from from a mdb file

chopficaro

i have converted a microsoft .mdb file to an .sql file with a program called bullzip

whenever i try to importĀ  the sql file into a mysql database, weather through phpmyadmin or through the mysql console, it always gives me the error that they key is too long (max length 1000 bytes)

how do i shorten the key or make this problem go away?

thanks guys

idk how to do that

i mean the problems pretty clear isnt it? the primary key in one of the tables must be larger than a k,

so i figured theres something in the microsoft access to limit it,

but more likely theres a better mdb to sql converter out there that can shrink the primary key

thought one of u guys would know of such a program, or how to do it in microsoft access

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.