Hard Fixed Input Box? Can This Be Done with jQuery?

Glese

I am looking to create a hard fixed input box and I am wondering if this can be done with jQuery, which I would find easier than doing it with regular JavaScript.

What I mean by this is, a textarea which has a fixed length of 100 characters PER line and a fixed amount of 3 lines, this means the textarea is one with 3 lines and with 100 characters input possibility each. It should also not be possible to re-size the area, which means that those lines are not relational, it is all hard fixed.

Any suggestions?

Where are you stuck is a good question, I did not know that you can create EVERYTHING in jQuery you could create in JavaScript, I understood jQuery as an addition in way a plugin, I do know it is a library, but it can mean multiple things.

The answer is clearly yes then.

And furthermore, would you suggest to try it in jQuery, I assume it could be easier in jQuery ?

JavaScript seems like a letter soup to me, though jQuery can be too when it becomes complex, but this functionality should not be that complex to achieve in my opinion.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.