form disfiguring table

arbitter

Hello there

I have this form inside a cell that disfigures the table; it makes it a little higher. Example:

<table>
<tr><td><form action='bla.php' method='post'><input type='hidden' value='something' name='id' /><input type='submit' name='submit' value='submit' /></form></td></tr>
</table>

I've been thinking it might be the hidden input field, but the submit button is at the top of the cell so that isn't it... Heres a picture:

adi5oo.jpg

There's no special markup for the text, and removing the forms makes the cells smaller again, so that isn't it. Anyone any idea?

Well I'm self-taught so...

How should I display data then? I always display it in a table... And then to easily delete and edit certain entries, I have the button at the end of the entry that has a form on its own with the id of that entry. If you hit edit, the same row in the table gets a whole form with input fields instead of just text.

I'm not using forms inside forms though. It's like this:

For a row with plain text:

You have all the plain text in the table. Only the last two cells each include a form with hidden an id and then a button to submit.

For the row with editable inputs:

You have a form at the beginning of your <tr>. The form stretches along to the first 'edit' button, with in each cell a input field. The last cell still contains a delete button with its own form.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.