jquery hashchange reload?

rockinaway

Well, I have basic hashchange functionality working where clicking different links will change the content of a page dynamically and will change the hash. HOWEVER, I want to be able to reload the content of the page when a link with the same hash is clicked.

So, if I have a link producing the hash #idea. If this page is already loaded and I click the same link again (i.e. the hash doesn't change).

Any ideas how i'd do this?

I'm currently using this basic method:

$("#link").click(function() {
		window.location.hash = "#i=link";
	});

$(window).bind( 'hashchange', function(e) 
	  {

// ajax request
	})

// Trigger the event
	  	$(window).trigger('hashchange');

Are you trying to save the state so that the browser back button works with ajax calls? If so, then you may want to look at the new javascript functions that all browsers except IE implement:

window.onpopstate()

and

history.pushState()

These allow you to integrate AJAX applications with the browser button, using proper URLs, and not messing with hash states. You can see an example that I've developed on http://www.englishfriendjapan.com

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.